Property Brokers Limited (“PB”, “we”, “us”, “our”) with registered offices at 240 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North is committed to protecting your privacy when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act). If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 27 July 2022.
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website, open home registers, and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to pay you for services that you provide to us
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another office within our company, or authorised staff member who many require the information for the purposes outlined above
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
If you wish to have any data that we hold on your deleted, we will endeavour to honour this request, providing the data is not required for another purpose. If this is the case, we will give you an explanation as to why data cannot be deleted.
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If we create a message board or chat room on our website, and you post your personal information on it, then you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Google disclaimer (and Cookies)
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site.
The tool uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of this website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Logging in with Facebook
By using Facebook credentials to create or log into an account on our website, you acknowledge that we will be using your information in the following way
- Your Facebook email address is used to create a username and to email your saved searches if selected.
This website uses Google AdWords
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner. Contact details for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner are found here: https://www.privacy.org.nz/about-us/contact/
Find a Salesperson
From the top of the North through to the deep South, our salespeople are renowned for providing exceptional service because our clients deserve nothing less.
Find a Property Manager
Managing thousands of rental properties throughout provincial New Zealand, our award-winning team saves you time and money, so you can make the most of yours.
Find a branch
With a team of over 850 strong in more than 88 locations throughout provincial New Zealand, a friendly Property Brokers branch is likely to never be too far from where you are.