Property Investors Insurance Programme. (P.I.I.P)
Property Brokers care about making things easy for owners. We have partnered with one of NZ’s leading insurers, Vero, and the world’s largest insurance broker, Marsh, to offer you an exclusive Landlord insurance package.
Following the Christchurch earthquakes, a greater awareness for properly structured insurance for residential Landlords became very apparent.
The Property Investors Insurance Programme (P.I.I.P.) combines two policies into one easy package. If you are a Landlord, then this comprehensive product is for you. Not only does it provide comprehensive cover for your property, it also covers for loss or damage as a result of malicious damage, vandalism and theft by your tenants. Loss of rental income is also covered! This means you keep on receiving the rental income you have counted on receiving for the time it takes to make repairs to the property and/or the time it takes to get a tenant back into your property.
Property Brokers have management processes in place that reduce the chances of these events happening to your investment property. Our management responsibilities and processes go beyond industry best practice and comply with Vero’s Landlord Plan best practice responsibilities.
This combination, coupled with our insurance programme will give you peace of mind at a very competitive price.
- One insurance company, one single proposal form and one monthly debit (not 2)
- Monthly payments, avoiding a one – off annual insurance cost
- We can assist you through the claims process, simply and easily
- Replacement cover for fire and explosion damage caused deliberately by tenants
- Property damage caused by the tenant other than fire & explosion up to $30,000
- Landlord’s furnishings with a limit of $5,000 per unit for their present day value.
- Loss of rents if home is uninhabitable - loss of rent up to $40,000 for 12 months
- Loss of rent from:
- Malicious damage – 26 weeks at 100%, plus 13 weeks at 75%, plus 13 weeks at 50%
- Non-payment as allowed under Tenancy Agreement for prevention of access, or failure of public utility – 8 weeks
- Non-payment following vacancy by the tenant without giving required notice – 8 weeks rent
- Eviction of the tenant due to non-payment 8 weeks at 100%, plus 4 weeks at 75% and 4 weeks at 50%
- Liability for tenants’ property up to $1,000,000.
- Liability for accidental bodily injury to tenants up to $100,000.
In the event of a claim, your Property Manager is likely to hear about it before you. Your Property Manager will contact the Vero claims department before advising you.
Vero can advise your Property Manager how the claim will proceed.
Depending on the size and/or complexity of the claim, you will be kept informed and consulted as appropriate, leaving your Property Manager to handle the administrative issues quickly and simply.
Cover is subject to underwriting criteria and standard terms and conditions of the full policy wording - a copy of which is available upon request.
Property Brokers wanted an exclusive insurance programme that would transfer the risks our clients faced to one insurer, at one great price. This has been achieved and a very compelling offer is available.
To find out more, please fill in the form below or contact our broker team at Marsh. We are sure you will be pleased.
Peter van Baarle - 09 928 3330
ANZIIF (Fellow), Risk Consultant, Marsh.
(Please provide your telephone number so we can ring you)