A building of distinction
Sclanders Warehouse and Bond Store was built in 1894, reflecting the importance of the Whanganui River and the city as a port and distribution centre. It is a Class B heritage building in the Old Town Conservation area, with the current distinctive title of Ministry of Works on the facade. A two storey timber frame building with wooden classical-style facade, corrugated clad exterior sides and rear exterior with a sprinkler system throughout, a range of room sizes and configurations including the ex-jail at the rear and ex-night club on the top floor. Located in the Central Commercial zone. 1340 sq m floor area on an 835 sq m (more or less) section, with rear access from St Hill St. Inspection by appointment only. For sale by negotiation.